Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Doc Called This Morning



I asked about the possibility of using Procrit or other hemoglobin boosters. He said that his concern is the fact that in addition to the low HGH count, my white blood count has dropped sharply (from 3000 to 1000 in a month). It's the combination that he's concerned about. I'm looking around on the Web for instances of people using both Neupogen and Procrit. If anyone here has experience with both drugs in combination, I'd like to hear about it.

I asked him what the break in treatment will do to my chances of SVR. He said he didn't know. I stressed to him that I don't want to be fighting this thing for the rest of my life and that my priority is to complete treatment.

I will be doing a CBC test to check all blood levels tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be built up enough to get back on the horse. Meanwhile, I'm going to call my college buddy who is now an internist and get his thoughts on using both Neupogen and Procrit (or a similar combination).

Fighting on.

No comments: