Friday, June 02, 2006

Back On A Full Dose


The doc called out of the blue this afternoon with the results of my Wednesday bloodwork. I didn't have anything to write on, but both RBC and WBC counts are in the low-normal range. I believe 12 and 1800, but I really don't recall. He also gave me my ALT and AST numbers which were both in the twenties, I believe, but again in a very normal range. I didn't ask, but will ask at my next appointment whether the good liver panel readings might be circumstantial evidence that the virus is at bay. They've been normal since I started treatment. That the ALT/AST numbers didn't jump during the break is encouraging. How encouraging, I can only wonder.

Bottom line -- I'm back on 6 Riba tabs a day, will take Shot 19 this Sunday, six days after my re-start shot this past Tuesday. By next week I should be back on the Friday night jab routine -- along with Monday, Wednesday, and Friday night jabs for Neupogen and a weekly Wednesday night Procrit thing. I feel like a damned pincushion. I'm having to survey injection sites. "Let's see, when did I last punch the left side of my spare tire..." Actually, I'm kind of scrawny. There's not much spare tire to punch.

No comments: