Thursday, August 03, 2006

Insomnia


It's after 1:00 AM and I'm here blogging. My own fault. I let my Amitriptyline prescription run out. I didn't know how much it was helping! I thought I might have trouble sleeping and so had taken a couple of Benadryl tabs. The stuff usually knocks me out cold. It isn't touching me tonight. I can't leave my legs still and I'm constantly tossing and turning. Picking up the new scrip tomorrow.

The past couple of weeks have been pretty good. We were rid of the older kids -- they were off on a church trip -- and the youngest had friends to stay with, so we snuck up to Flagstaff for the weekend. It got us out of the heat. The oldest wants to go to school there at NAU. She was up there a few weeks ago. There are worse places.

The past few days I've been getting lots of sides. I'm tired, grumpy, listless, etc. And the little sores have reappeared at the corrners of my mouth. I also suspect I'm a little anemic. I'm getting the sound of blood rushing in my ears, and my heart is running around 90 at rest. I'm still taking Procrit and Neupogen, which boost red and white blood counts respectively. I really hope I don't have to up the dosage. I hate sticking myself.

Past 1:30. Maybe I can sleep now.

1 comment:

Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on over the 1/2 way mark! Despite the sides and the added pharmaceuticals, you sound really good. Hope the insomnia lets up a little.

Glad to hear that you and your wife were able to have some time alone together. Sometimes it seems at this stage of our lives that it's all about everything around us (work, kids, schools, the world falling apart), and not ever just "us" anymore. Nice to have some down time - even nicer to be able to get some while on treatment.

All best wishes for the final leg of the journey to pass easily and quickly,
Sue