Friday, January 13, 2006

The time has come. My medicine arrived today.

I just got back from the doctor's office where the nurse gave me a little orientation and the very stylish Pegassist Kit. Gel eyeshade included. The time may come that I'm glad I have it, but right now it seems kind of hokey.

I haven't taken any meds yet -- enjoying the last few hours before a year of . . . maybe nothing. Maybe a bad time. I'm not in a hurry to do it, in any case. The older kids have gone to a church function for the weekend. The youngest (11) is an only child this weekend. We're taking her out for dinner and maybe a movie. Once we get home, Daddy is punching out.

My wife works with a guy who has genotype 3. He just heard from his doc that the virus was undetectable. He has another ten weeks and he's done. Everybody cheer for Steve.

So there is an end to this. Something to keep in mind at the beginning.

Out the door.

1 comment:

carol said...

Hi Chris,

Hope all is well, expect you will now have taken the first meds. Many people think that when they take the tablets/jab life changes from then on. This is not often the case, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and not get any symptoms. On the other hand you may not realise anything is going on for a long while. It is a long road but it will end and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope treatment is not too bad for you and your family.

Carol