Saturday, January 14, 2006

Carol said in her comment to the last post:

Many people think that when they take the tablets/jab life changes from then on.



You're right, that's exactly what I was thinking. The big changes are the ones that happen slowly over a long time. On the other hand, there is now a division -- before treatment, and during treatment. And the roller coaster has definitely started.

I took the ribavirin about 10:30 last night and the interferon shot about 20 minutes later. The needle is so small and fine I hardly noticed it. I put it into my budding "love handles" -- I'm not very big and I don't carry much extra weight. I was in bed by 11:00 which is pretty early for me. Awoke at 7:00 and made coffee confident that I was up. I then went back to bed and didn't move until 9:00 AM! Ten hours of sleep is really long for me.

This morning I'm a little achy but sleeping for a long time would explain it. I'm not saying I'm having no sides, but I'm having to look for them. If this were an ordinary morning, I'd be wondering if I was getting sick or if I'd just slept for too long. As I write this I feel a headache coming on -- the ribavirin was 30 minutes ago. Or maybe I'm talking myself into things.

1 comment:

Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on getting that first injection out of the way. I also found it nice that the needle was so small and fine. That being said, the first shot was probably the scariest one. One problem with going through all of this is that it is all so "unknown" - we have no frame of reference and things unknown are understandably somewhat difficult to approach.

Great that you had such a good sleep. Am convinced sleeping is a good way to miss out on any immediate post-shot side effects and always did injections Friday night - gave option of sleeping through stuff and having weekend to recuperate.

Sounds as though you're doing really well! Hope that you continue to feel good and that your journey passes quickly Chris. All best wishes,
Sue