Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Liver Biopsy Tomorrow


Dreading this. Emotionally it's especially tough -- the last person I know who had a needle biopsy was my dad who had a tumor on his colon the size of a softball. He'd had a four inch section of his colon removed fifteen years before. They put it back together by sewing one piece inside the other. The tumor grew on the outside where it was reconnected. Happens in "only" two or three percent of cases. So yeh, I'm nervous. There could be something there more than the hep C. Something more than cirrhosis. It's unlikely, but it gives one pause. I haven't talked about that possibility with my wife. I guess that's why I have this.


Got a call from a friend from church. Her sister went through a year of Interferon when it was still new. She just wanted me to know that we were in their prayers.


Faith. I haven't mentioned much about faith here. Not everybody is built that way. Or, as an evangelical friend says, everbody is built that way, but that not everybody admits it.


Have to tuck the little one in.



SVR

1 comment:

Sue, Toronto said...

Hey Chris,

Just found your blog through Martin's. Hope that your biopsy went alright.

The whole thing is pretty overwhelming, but there are a lot of us going through treatment. I'm 48 years old with genotype 3a and just finished combo therapy this past summer. While it wasn't something I hope to ever have to repeat, it was do-able and I worked throughout. Sounds like you have a great deal of support, which is key.

With genotype 4, you stand a really good chance of responding to treatment. You have all my best wishes for a smooth process. Hope it's okay with you if I link your blog to mine. Will be following to see how things are going.
Sue