Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Week


Discovered I had left the previous update in a draft state when I posted it two weeks ago. Back from the business trips and the hunting trip. Son got his deer, I missed my shot (it's been replaying in my head for days). I now count the miss as an act of kind providence as we were more than a mile from camp and had pack out the quarters -- two rucksacks at I'm guessing 40 pounds each. Lot of work, not to mention a mess. I'll spare you the details.

Much to be thankful for this year. I have a new appreciation for feeling good. I know that not everyone gets this blessing, so I'm especially thankful that I'm able to undertake some pretty strenuous challenges. Thinking about a marathon next year. I've fallen off my running lately and need to get back to it.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Chris

2 comments:

Me said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the shot. Some deer summer sausage certainly would have been nice for the holidays, wouldn't it?

My Other Blog said...

Nice to see you blogging again, I hadn't checked in a while.
Have a Happy Christmas, in case I don't check in again for another month.
I ended my HCV blog and started another one, I'm trying to drop out of the 'hepatitis scene' except for posting comments on other people's blogs (Hi Marsha, I know Marsha, she does 3 or 4 posts a day!), but it isn't easy letting go, I 'meet' new people like Marsha all the time.
All the best,
MYS/the former 'uncertain'