Sunday, December 03, 2006

Forty-five down, three to go

Opened the last box of four syringes last night. Getting close! I'm ready for this to be done. I'm not feeling terribly bad; I can't point to something and say, "It hurts here." But I'm just wiped. I'm sleeping a lot, but sometimes stay up too late. Sides are coming on stronger, especially the Sunday afternoon/Monday morning. Speaking of staying up late, I've been surfing too many other blogs (Hi, UC).

Speaking of sides, the cognitive effects are hitting hard the past few weeks and seem to be worst on Monday. That's bad, because work is truly nuts. All the issues I've been telling the project management about are coming true. Remarkably, they're doing exactly what I recommended (although they never listened to me long enough to hear my recommendations).

My wife has taken the month of December off work. She applied for a leave of absence under the Family Medical Leave Act. Ostensibly it's to take care of me (which is true enough) but it's also to giver her an emotional break. She's considering changing jobs because things have been crazy for her as well. Suddenly when she started making noises about leaving her little 30 hour a week part-time job, everyone is sitting around her with notepads and chart paper.

To bed. Lots of stuff going on tomorrow.

2 comments:

Not Blank said...

Well, hello stranger, I went through h*ll with the FMLA stuff myself, can imagine what your wife is going thru.
I threw away empty box 2 of Peg on Thursday - my milestone of the week.
Today is the day I would have flown to Phoneix... :{
Instead, it's about 30 degrees here and they're talking about snow!

Chris said...

You'd probably have enjoyed being here. it's been cold (for Phoenix -- freeze warnings), but today the temps are in the 70's and the sky is clear blue as usual. But the process of getting here is difficult at best. I cancelled a holiday trip back to see family in your part of the world because I really don't need to sit in an aluminum tunnel full of sneezing tourists.