Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Week 14 - Who really gives a... ?


I'm nearing the end of Week 14 and I now think I understand what someone here referred to as "hitting the wall." I wouldn't characterize it as hitting a wall so much as trying to run across a mud flat. As I've mentioned previously, I work from home which is both good and bad. One bad side is that I work on the Internet. I'm having trouble concentrating and find myself aimlessly surfing. I've learned a lot about things I might not have looked up otherwise -- musicians I hear on the radio, drugs both therapeutic and illegal, topics on Slasdot (http://slasdot.org/).... None of which is particularly helpful in getting work done.

I didn't even have enough ambition to post this -- I had it virtually finished on Wednesday, posted on Saturday.

3 comments:

carol said...

Chris I assume you are a geno 1. Have you had the 12 week viral load test results yet?
You will manage those mud flats but not by running. Running will only make you sink and tire yourself out.
Hang in there, treatment is doable, just pace yourself.

Chris said...

Hi, Carol --

Actually, I have Genotype 4. As I understand it, the doc plans to give me a two-week break at week 24. According to his protocol, if I'm not in remission at that point, treatment stops. If I am in remissin, then we keep it up for another 24 weeks. Unless there's new research that says 24 weeks is sufficient. My wife works with a guy who has Genotype 2 and they had him on treatment for another 10 weeks after the 24 week check.

Emotionally, I'm better, but just fatigued. I don't have the lethargy I had last week -- at least I'm able to get some work done. Speaking of which, gotta go.

carol said...

Hi Chris,

Have to remember that I am in the UK but think you should still get the 12 week test. VERY worried about the 2 week break at week 24, think thats a bad move.

Carol